Please find attached the Call for Abstracts for this year’s Western Canada Health Sciences Educators (formerly BC Lab Educators) on May 16, 17, and 18, 2018, in beautiful Parksville, BC at the Tigh-na-Mara Seaside and Spa Resort (http://www.tigh-na-mara.com/ — info on spa and local activities attached). Registration for the conference is now open and can be done online at http://wchse.ca. Use the “Registration” button on the homepage. See conference details below. Please circulate this widely to any who may be interested in presenting and/or attending. Our apologies if you receive this email more than once.
**The Gateway Debriefing Workshop on Wednesday, May 16 was very close to being sold out last week. However, a waitlist is being generated. Please visit www.wchse.ca and look under “Latest Events” on the homepage.
To submit an abstract, please view the “Call for Abstracts” information and email your abstract to Sharon Wong, WCHSE Conference Abstract Committee member, atSharon_Wong@bcit.ca. We will be accepting abstract submissions until February 15th, 2018.
Please Note: ALL accepted presenters must pay full conference fees by May 1, 2018 to reserve their place in the program.
· Dr. Mary Kohl Fey, Center for Medical Simulation, Boston. Presentation Title: Team Intelligence: Helping Great Minds Think Alike
· Colette Foisy Doll, MacEwan University. Presentation Title: Beyond Civility: Transforming Teams Through Strength-Based Leadership
Included in your $350 registration fee:
· Participation in all scheduled conference sessions and keynote addresses
· Welcome Wine & Cheese: Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
· Breakfast, breaks, and lunches provided by Tigh-na-Mara on Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th
· Beach bonfire and S’more buffet following the welcome event. Bring your instruments and singing voices!